It’s Black Friday… & that means 15% off all online bookings until 23:59 (GMT) Sunday 25th November. Apply discount code BLACK15 at checkout. Make sure to click “Apply discount”. Thank you for your business & hope to welcome you on tour!
The Dingle Peninsula is situated along the world-renown ‘Wild Atlantic Way’ and often receives the title of being ‘one of the most scenic stretches of coastlines worldwide’. The route provides visitors with unbelievably stunning ocean and mountain views, which will quite simply take your breath away. The tour will take you along the ‘Slea Head Drive’ – the westernmost drive in Europe. Look out into the Atlantic Ocean and enjoy vistas of crashing waves and the Blasket Islands. This exclusive day tour also takes in the town of Dingle – a traditional fishing village where old Gaelic remains the everyday tongue. This Dingle Bay tour offers a combination of Co. Kerry’s best-loved attractions, all within the space of one day. Sit back, relax and let your professional guide show you around one of Ireland’s most fantastic regions.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THIS TOUR?
- Take in the incredible and world-renown landscapes of ‘The Kingdom’ that is Co. Kerry.
- Enjoy a relaxing drive along the ‘Slea Head Route’ – this is the westernmost road in Europe – with nothing but ocean until North America!
- Visit the charming and much-loved town of Killarney – nestled between Ireland’s tallest mountains.
- We take you to the raging Atlantic shore known as Inch beach. This beach is up there with its Californian and Australian counterparts for world-class surfing.
- Experience the natural beauty of Dingle bay – your guide will provide plenty of stops for you to photograph the stunning surrounds.
- Visit the uniquely historic fishing village of Dingle, where the traditional and old-fashioned Irish way of life has been preserved. Listen out for a few words of Gaelic, which remains widely spoken here!
ITINERARY AND EXCURSION HIGHLIGHTS:
Leave the busy city of Limerick behind you as you meet your guide and fellow travelers for the day at Arthur’s Quay, Arthur’s Quay Park (departure time 08.30AM). A fantastic day of natural Irish beauty awaits!
Killarney is often named as ‘Ireland’s prettiest town’. Boasting beautiful lake and mountain views, ancient thatched cottages, fantastic flower arrangements and lovely traditional shops – we guarantee that you will love this charming location.
Ireland’s west coast enjoys surfing conditions that can hold their own against some of the most popular surfing destinations in the world. Experience the raging surf and salty sea air as we make a stop at Inch Beach – one of Ireland’s premier surfing spots. Take the time to stretch your legs and enjoy a walk along the golden sands here.
Slea Head Drive:
Leave Inch beach behind as we continue the drive as far as Slea Head – one of the westernmost drives in Europe. Dramatic views will greet you as you turn around each corner. A range of stunning Atlantic beaches are dotted along this route – namely Clogherhead (location of Hollywood hit ‘Far and Away’) and Coumeenoole. We round off this scenic drive passing through the traditionally ‘west of Ireland’ village of Ballyferriter.
A visit to Dingle is a real treat for visitors to Ireland who are in search of a glimpse into old-fashioned, traditional Irish life. One of the small number of villages around the country to still converse ‘as Gaelige’ (In Gaelic), Dingle truly is an unspoiled paradise. The village boasts more pubs (per square meter) than any other in Ireland – therefore making it the perfect pit stop along the way (time permitting). Stop at the harbor and watch Fungi the Dolphin – Dingle’s celebrity resident – performing jumps and dives from the ocean to entertain you.
RETURN TO LIMERICK:
Enjoy a leisurely return drive back to Limerick city. You’ll return at approximately 19:30pm in plenty of time to engage in an evening of entertainment, or to simply reflect on your fantastic day out, touring the Dingle peninsula.
(Passengers from UL campus & Adare Heritage Centre please note that due to evening traffic flows the tour will end in Limerick city center and not return to UL campus or Adare Heritage Centre).
*Seats on this coach tour are offered as part of our “Recommended” range, operated by the best local tour and activity providers in Ireland. Our Dublin based travel insiders select only the market leaders on any given route.
TOUR COST PER PASSENGER
EUR 39.00 online
MEETING & DEPARTURE POINTS
- Arthur’s Quay, Arthur’s Quay Park (08:30am)
- Dublin Road (near UL Campus) “Singland Motors Circle K”. Walk from the Campus Flagpoles to Dublin Road, at the main roundabout you will see “Singland Motors Circle K” to your right on opposite side of Dublin Road. (08:40am)
- Adare Heritage Centre – Ring of Kerry & Dingle Tour only. Meet at reception in the Heritage Centre. (09:00am approx.)